Tuesday 23 February 2016

Rainbow Fruit Salad

So simple it doesn't really need a recipe but there is something lovely about so much colour as we approach the end of winter.



Look, I know all of these lovely fruits are not in season right now in the UK but if I only ate seasonally in the UK right now, I'd be eating a lot of cabbage.  And leeks.  I hate leeks.  I like cabbage though.  I should eat more cabbage...

I also think this would be great to get kids eating fruit.  You could also put on a plate in segments so kids could chose which they like the look of and have a nibble without having to eat through the layers.

Rainbow Fruit Salad - Serves 1

Ingredients, layered in order

Black grapes (I used sable grapes)
Blueberries
Green grapes
Galia melon, deseeded and chopped
Pineapple, peeled, decored and chopped
Cantaloupe melon, deseeded and chopped
Raspberries
Honey to serve (optional)

Method

Layer up the ingredients and finish with a drizzle of honey if liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.